Wednesday, August 28, 2013

One Tree Hill

This post will be a huge mesh of emotions and lessons I've been learning lately, none of which are necessarily related to each other in anyway (or are they...?). Just silliness going on in my little noggin from day to day. 

1. The search for love-- I would like to get this out of the WAY, right AWAY because I really wish it would go AWAY (you see what I did there?:/). The thoughts and feelings I have about this subject changed everyday... or more accurately every few hours. 
I go from thinking things like this:
to this quicker than anyone can keep up (including myself)
[^this will only make sense if you've seen the movie, you see they look really dreamy and in love but they aren't (she's mean and he's awesome). So this represents my thinking that romantic love can often just be a show and people can't ever be happy with the time and place that they're in. This kind of "love" is something I will NEVER settle for, nope not in a million years.]
So, there's that.
2. The ominous future...--My plans are still entirely up in the air. But, I am done trying to make them around whether or not I find what I talked about in #1. All I can do is throw away any plan that I come up with and follow what the Lord has planned for me. But how does one figure that out?? (any answers for this would be greatly appreciated) The only way I can imagine is that I continue working my hardest at all that I'm involved in and trust that He'll light the way. 
3. Becoming the woman of God I am intended to be-- a verse in 1 Peter has convicted me to no end lately an that is:

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.(1 Peter 3:3-4)
The first part isn't so much on my heart (it's more here for context) although I know it is important... I feel more convicted on the "gentle and quiet spirit" end of things. At first I read it and thought "I need to be more soft spoken and thoughtful about the things I say" but as I looked more into commentary on these verses I found that it isn't so much about what's going on outwardly and referring to a spirit as a disposition but your literal spirit (but the outward concept is something I will go into more depth on later as it is another thing I could use maturation in). But ANYWAY, a gentle and quiet spirit can only come through being at peace with the Lord... and common sense says that this can only come through having a relationship with Him. So;
gentle and quiet spirit--> peace-->relationship--> communication--> PRAYER
(prayer is just the answer to everything, now isn't it?) This is interesting because when first reading this verse, it doesn't seem like prayer is the key to it... but it is... because it signifies a relationship with the Lord and in the end that is what life is all about. So here's to hoping that writing this will serve to make the lesson of praying more become more concrete in my head and heart (and yours too, if anyone happens to read this, ever;)). 

4. Lastly.... two things; I have decided it is necessary that I grow in my eye brows more and all that decision took was seeing this picture. 
and... I may or not not have a new unhealthy obsession with One Tree Hill....

xo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment