Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Cold Hands Warm Heart



Words can't explain much I'm loving this chilly weather. It makes life feel so cozy... I swear I feel more alive when it's cold out. Does that make any sense? Probably not. :) Hopefully the future me reading this will understand.

The chill seems to bring a fresh start along with so many new memories to be made during the holidays.  
I now am going to list all of the lovely things about autumn. 
-Crisp air and warm sunshine... ideal sweater weather
-The color scheme (blue skies, grey clouds, yellow and orange leaves, etc.)
-Balloons dotting the sky
-Cuddling up with blankets on lazy mornings (quality over quantity here)
-Daily cups (yes, plural) of tea and hot chocolate
-Stepping on crunchy leaves everywhere you go
-Pumpkin patches and corn mazes
-Haunted houses and halloween... if you're into that sort of thing
-Pumpkin spice flavored EVERYTHING

I'm 99.9% sure I could go on for hours and hours about how much I love autumn and why but I think I covered the basics. 

On a closing note: Everyday I'm blown away by the way God is working in me and through me. I'm off to do homework now. How wonderful is learning? Everyday makes me more and more grateful to God for placing me be in such an amazing nursing program and future career. He's given me a career in which it is so easy to show His love to His people in a completely tangible way... 
For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You drink? 'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 'And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'
Matthew 25:35-40 
Isn't that just the best inspiration to care for others? How above and beyond would you go to care for Jesus? You can do that to each and every person and just imagine the smile it puts on His face. Having a relationship with Jesus is seriously the bee's knees. 
xo.

2 comments:

  1. can't hide for too long marena! i love it!!! you're going on my blog list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Ali! :) Thank you! <3 This just became even more fun!

    ReplyDelete